I have been tagged by the awesome author Jayne Denker to participate in the Very Inspiring Blogger Award/Tour! That means I get to tell you wonderful people Seven Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me!! They may or may not be interesting or cool so I apologize in advance.
1. When I was in junior high I did a very embarrassing dance to Jailhouse Rock in my choir class. I was supposed to be joined by a friend, but she backed out at the very last minute due to fear and perhaps a desire to remain cool, leaving me alone and surrounded by a group of twenty of my peers to gyrate and shimmy around the room. I should also mention that I cannot dance. This is still brought up sometimes when I run into people I went to school with.
2. When I was in the military, people would call me at least once a week and try to stump me with a random trivia question or a word definition. It became a source of amusement for them (and me) because I never lost. By the end, it got pretty outrageous and we’d be laughing hysterically on the phone.
3. I am incredibly introverted in some social situations, and they make me nervous. However, when I see something that I want I have this internal bravery that surprises me sometimes. I saw my husband across the room (literally) on Monday night karaoke. The fact that I was out was a complete fluke, but I knew it was meant to be. I came up to him, told him I thought he was cute, and said if he was interested he should come over and join our table. He did! We’ve been together almost 13 years now.
4. I won an award for most books read in the entire school. I still have the trophy.
5. I tend to ramble random facts during conversation. This makes people uncomfortable.
6. The smell of cucumbers makes me physically ill.
7. I read approximately 3-5 books per week and run a large local book club.
I’m tagging Lacey Falcone and Anna Silver. I’m supposed to tag 7, but I don’t have 7!! The rules: Post the logo and link back to your tagger (me!) and then list your seven tidbits. Go!!